Saturday, September 12, 2015

My Goals During My 16th Year

My cousin Lisa and I have decided that this year is the turning point in my school and work life. We think this because, everything has only been good since I turned 16. For example: I got my driver’s permit, bought my first computer, opened up a new bank account, got involved with the school literary magazine and now I will be writing scripts for the drama club. But, I have many more goals that I would love to accomplish.

(Obviously) Making it through the school year alive/without failing- It hasn’t been up until recently that I started getting good grades in school. Although, as the work gets built up and harder, I get stressed and start to struggle. I have been blessed in the past with support from teachers and other individuals, and hope this year goes the same way. The teachers have always helped me because they get to know my personality and they know where in the work I struggle.

Better writing- I have always had a passion for writing but, I sometimes tell myself “maybe I’m not cut out for the writing lifestyle”. I think I tell myself this because I sometimes feel I am not interesting/creative enough to succeed. My cousin has proven that wrong. With all the love and support that she has brought to my blog, it has helped me realize, all writers suffer. She has also been helping me with my grammar and punctuation by making suggestions to what she thinks I can fix. It feels so good to have a little bit of family support from her and a couple other family members.

Work life- I plan on finding a job that is local and not 20 minutes away. As much as I love my job and the people that I work with, I don’t see myself working there much longer. I have applied to the taco bell right down the street that I can walk to. It’s not the type of work I want to be stuck with but, it will give me more work and more money. I recently applied for a restaurant in the next town over that I am really hoping to get a call back from them.

Becoming a better person towards myself- People may see me as a regular teenage boy going through many changes in life, good and bad. But, I do believe that I have many problems. I don’t think everyone believes in somebody being a self-made person. And I want to prove them wrong and show them that I can do it. Not having the support that I need does make it a difficult task. But I want to be able to follow my dreams and look at them the way I want. I want to believe that it is reality and not a crazy dream.

Becoming a better person towards others- I try to be as kind as I can be to other people, but sometimes (believe it or not), I have bad days too! Especially with the high levels of stress that I choose to put myself through. People have their ups and downs. All I can say is, only god can judge us! Many people have told me that I don’t have to be perfect to be successful.

Getting a therapist- I believe that getting a therapist would be a great idea. I need someone other than family. I have noticed that I have many people with listening ears in my life but, only a handful of them use them. A therapist would listen and tell me their thoughts and opinions on my feelings. Being able to talk to someone will be great. (I’m currently working on this)

I think I am going to do a great job in school and on the side have a career with writing (even if it’s just my blog and writing scripts). I don’t want to have the reputation that many teenagers have now, rebellious trouble makers. I want to be looked at like any other teenager that has high expectations for my future self.

Thank you so much for all the love and support! I have plenty more goals that I would love to share but I would be writing for so long. You also would probably get lost in the maze.
                                                             
                                                                   Jean-Paul



No comments:

Post a Comment