Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Welcome to My Future Home

If I could live anywhere in the world, it would probably be a big city like New York, New York. When I visited Lisa Rosman, I ironically called the city peaceful. The three days that I spent in the city, I immediately fell in love with it. There is something about New York that is magical and just draws you in, like a well-written book. Maybe it is the inspiration of all the celebs that grew in NY, or maybe it’s just because you feel safer than in Boston because no one cares to stare at you while you strut on the wide sidewalks filled with successful people and tourists’ with their cameras glued to the empire state building.



I have always wanted to live in NY because 1. I love coffee and there is a coffee shop at every block 2. It’s not far from home and very cheap to take a bus out of the city for a weekend to visit. I want to live in a small neighborhood right outside of the city, like Brooklyn. Although the city never dies, Brooklyn is a quiet retreat from the chaotic streets. It is just like the city but smaller and people actually notice you when you look up and give them a friendly nod.

And the subway rides are sometimes a riot! I remember when visiting Lisa, there was this one guy who asked if Lisa and I were new to the city. Lisa cracked up and began to explain that is was my first time visiting NY and that she had lived there for 23 years. I think the guy was embarrassed, but we covered that up with a short conversation. We found out that he grew up around were I often visit in Lowell, and that he is in NYC for college.

You also here many absorbing conversations that need to be heard. People may agree that eavesdropping isn’t that polite, but when you need a smile or a laugh, this is the best thing to do when alone and tired. Hearing what other people have to say is fun! Tell me when you hear someone talking about how Francesca slept with Fred then left and now she is trying to pick someone up on the corner, you don’t find that interesting. Now you know somebody else’s business and to stay away from Francesca!


I’m not saying living in a small town like mine, that I don’t mind the quiet streets and small family restaurants because sometimes you will come across someone who is nice. Like the people in my favorite coffee shop. They are so sweet and even when I am having a bad day they throw a smile onto my face. They know my order and they always ask how school is going. When you live in a small town, you get to know the people/person better. And when you start to think rush hour here is bad, wait until you visit my new future home.

No comments:

Post a Comment