Friday, November 27, 2015

November Night Live

“November Night Live” is another fantastic production that featured a variety of skits from piano players, singers, actors/actresses, and even some mime work all presented by ASRHS Drama. I am glad to say that I witnessed their opening show last Friday night. The whole show was written and performed by students and a couple of teachers helped with acting in some of the skits.

I actually wrote two of the skits with a great friend of mine Nadia. We wrote a song parody to "The Cell Block Tango" and another to the song “Don’t Rain on My Parade”. The parody of the song “The Cell Block Tango” was written for a couple of teacher to sing about sending a couple of “rebel” teenagers who they had to send to detention for popping their gum, sitting on their phone while they are supposed to be working and a student who supposedly had excused absences from a class so that he could get some extra help in math. Sadly, only one teacher accepted to star in it and she did amazing! So didn’t the students who took the place of the teachers. The parody of “Don’t Rain on My Parade” was sung by a student named Erin, who has some killer vocals! The script that we wrote for that skit had everything that could go wrong while performing written into it. Lights flashing on and off, a rock band randomly coming out and trying to take over the show, and stage crew running back and forth, all while she is trying to impress the audience. She nailed it!

My partner in crime, Nadia, also put together a little skit for herself. She went up on that stage and acted like a mime. She was amazing! She did a juggling act, and even got glued to a chair! While she was up there, all you could here was the crowd laughing and clapping, especially the younger children.

I am so happy that I got to go, except I was literally the only person who went solo. Everyone was there with either their significant other or a group of friends who were hanging out on a Friday night. All my friends were either in the play/stage crew or they were at a candle vigil for a guy who was hit by a car and killed. But hey, I got to see the whole show without any distractions.

I had a nice walk home alone until my mom pulled up next to me and offered me a ride. It was cold and she had jumped out of bed and drove all the way to the school so I would have felt guilty if I would have said no. When I got home, I immediately went to bed.

Congratulations to all of the actors and actresses who starred in “NNL,” you guys did an amazing job. I am so happy for all of my friends, despite some of them being a little over tired and nervous and still making it out of bed in the morning. I can wait to see their production of “Cinderella: The Musical”


No comments:

Post a Comment