Friday, February 5, 2016

Life Is A Drag

It’s only 7:40 am and the day is already dragging. Today is the first day we have had off from school due to snow this year. And to be completely honest, I didn’t expect myself to still be awake right now. I imagined myself waking up to the sunlight beaming in through my shades and seeing the numbers on the clock as both double digits. What more can I do when I am held hostage in my house by Mother Nature. I have already started and finished a book, I have had my breakfast and coffee, and now I am sitting in the corner of my room writing this and regretting being up. It looks to be too cold and stormy for a walk around town, although I think that would make a boring day a little more fun (if I don’t slip and crack my head open). Everyone in my household is sleeping, even sweet Athena.



And I am angry towards myself that I have not yet bought a car. This would be a perfect day to go and sit in Barns N’ Noble, look through the books and in the end, probably spend a fortune. But, instead, I am sitting in my room trying to find something to watch on Netflix. I have already turned the heat up because it is freezing (again, thanks, Mother Nature), I already have had a cup of hot chocolate, I really don’t know what else to do other than being a couch potato today until I have to go to work at four.


And speaking of being lazy and not being motivated on this snowy February day, I have a package coming in tomorrow that I ordered last night. I decided to order myself a Fitbit. It’s actually way more accurate than my phone, and everyone who has one says they all love it and its one of their best purchases. I have been wanting one for a couple years now. Now that I have a new job, I am making about three times as much as I would be making if I had stayed at the restaurant #SorryNotSorry. I am going to get a gym membership and I am going to work out in any free time that I have between work and school. But until then, life is a drag.

No comments:

Post a Comment