Tuesday, March 1, 2016

I Have Learned My Fair Share, How About You?

A couple of years ago, I would hold things to myself and didn't like talking to people about my feelings. I was always there when people needed me and I would always listen to them. Now, I struggle with not keeping my mouth shut! Usually, I  am nice, but when I have something to say about someone, I'm just going to come out and say it. When I say stuff about people, my friends will tell me that was a little harsh. I just look them in the face and tell them that I am being completely honest with myself and that person.

Image result for life
I have been picked on, and so I know what it is like to have someone pick on you. I would not wish that on anyone, not even my worst enemy. I remember feeling like no one was there for me and feeling alone. I remember not wanting to come to school the next day because I would go home and my anger took the best of me. When I was picked on, I wouldn't cry about having someone be mean to me, I would get angry and snap at anyone around me, then go home and cry about how mean I was to that person.

When I accept you into my life, I don't want you to tell me what people said behind my back. I want you to tell me what you said to defend me because I know I would do the same to you. I don't want you to tell me that I look good when I could lose a couple more pounds and then maybe look myself in the mirror. I am completely honest with myself and you, how come you can't be honest towards yourself and take a double look in the mirror.

Image result for life quotes
There is an old saying (everyone knows it... hopefully) "treat others the way you want to be treated." This is how I look at it. If you treat me badly, I will most likely ignore you and just not ever talk to you again because you were a complete asshole. I have been used in the past for my money. For the longest time, I was the only one out of my small group of friends who had a job and was able to pay for my own stuff. Now I know how to tell when people are using me. I know when people are taking advantage of what little I have. You won't get past me anymore.

Over these last couple of years, I have evolved into the person I want to be. I am confident, kind, and I know how to open up to people and make new friends. Since my new job started, I have met many new people and they all seem to be so kind. Some of them are troublemakers, but some are just there so they can pay for college. Although there is a lot of drama (when isn't there any in a workplace), I stay away from talking behind people's backs. If I don't agree with something you are doing at work, I will tell you how I see it. I don't care what you do behind closed doors, but if I don't like it, please keep it away from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment