Wednesday, August 26, 2015

My Experience With GoBus

                                                                My ride to NY

        Before I even bought my ticket for NY, I called the Go Bus company and asked how the drivers where. They told me “They are 5 star drivers”. Well from my experience, it didn’t really feel like five stars.
When I got to the bus station in Newton the lady at the desk didn’t even smile. I thought it was just me she wasn’t smiling at but,  it was every time anyone looked at her. Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed.
The driver on the bus was a very blunt person and he didn’t show any emotion. We where on the road and  People would go up to him and try to talk to him and he just shook his head. “Sir how much longer until we get to New York?” “*Shakes head*”  He wasn’t really that smart either. 4 hours from New York and the AC system blew out. So after sitting on the bus with no AC he decided he would get off the highway and wait for another bus. The lady who was sitting diagonal from me got up and went to talk to him. When she got back I asked what he said. She said “He wanted to get off the road and wait for another bus, But the catch was it would be another hour and a half.” She told me that she told him that was ridiculous. Why would he wait for the last hour of the trip to switch busses that would only hold us up even longer. Im sorry, is that not thinking about how the customers want to do?  Maybe he thought that we wanted the AC but, all we wanted was to get to New York.


                          The ride back home

When I got on the bus the man seemed like he had more common sense than the first driver. We had a good trip, He even stopped at a rest area in Connecticut so that we could strtch and get some dinner. The bus driver had told us we have 15 minutes to get back to the bus which was fine with me. I got out and went straight for McDonald’s. I ordered a large iced hazelnut coffee and then I went and bought myself a couple of trail mix bars so I wasn’t starving. I think this was the wrong time to stop and eat. By the time we got back onto the bus, it was bumper to bumper traffic. He was already telling us we wouldn’t be home until 8:44. I was supposed to be arriving in newton around 6:30 and then having dinner with my uncle. I texted my uncle and informed him we would be in a little late. I picked up my book: The Accidental Traveler by Anne Tyler and read until I started recognizing the road signs to where we were. By then it was already 9:00 and I asked how much longer it would be. The man didn’t reply. So I went back to reading and then I start hearing bickering between the passengers on the bus and the bus driver. “We’re lost?” I said to the bus driver. Then I asked if he wanted the address they sent me on my phone when I bought the ticket. Next thing I knew he was turned around giving me attitude. “This is all planned, I know where we are!”  Then he had to call his supervisor to get directions! When I told my cousin Lisa that we were lost and he snapped at me, she was not happy with him or the company.
Finally we got to the bus station and I met up with my uncle immediately after I grabbed my bags from the drivers hands. I was upset because I had been on the bus longer than I expected. I felt bad for asking my uncle to drive me another 40 minutes home, but after the day I had I just wanted my own bed to sleep in.
I received a text message from Lisa, she wrote a letter to the bus company. It looked like a book! She had explained everything that went wrong in the message and she posed as me. I know if I were to write a letter it would have been nothing as powerful and demanding like that.
Literally a couple days later on my birthday, I got an email from the bus company. The email stated that they are sorry about my experience on the bus. The letter also said that the problem has been taken care of and that occasions like I experienced usually don’t occur. They have added $15.00 onto my account and so I will only have to pay half of a round trip! I guess it was my birthday wind that granted me this gift, Or just having an amazing cousin. I almost forgot to mention that the letter had a spelling error. For such a “nice” company they really don’t have a taste in who to hire. Other than that the drivers where good at their main job, driving. I am looking forward to using the company again.

Thank you for reading and I have more to come
Jean-Paul

1 comment:

  1. Love this piece (and not just because of the compliments to my writing). Letters work! (nice writing, too!)

    ReplyDelete