Sunday, August 30, 2015

My First Mountain

       This trip was definitely not planned. This lady Katie from my moms old work contacted me asking me if I would like to go hiking. I met Katie because I went to work with mom one day and I was strolling through the halls singing. What I didn’t know was that the halls led in a square shaped form. So I kept walking and singing. Then the next thing I knew, Im standing in front of Katie’s desk and she started laughing.

I hadn’t done anything big and exciting since New York.  So I said yes to going out. She gave me two trails to pick from, one was very steep and one was longer. I chose the steep one because I thought it would be very adventurous. My mom tagged along because she hadn’t seen Katie since March of this year.

We drove to Katie’s house and I got to meet her 6 year old daughter. Katie’s daughter was so cute, she also has her mothers personality. I also got to meet their dog Puddles.

He was a white dog with grey spots. When we were driving, Puddles was trying to sit on the middle console. Every time Katie turned a corner, the dog slipped onto the floor of the car. It was so funny but, I felt bad that he couldn’t keep his balance. We all climbed into Katie’s car and made our way to the “trail”.

Little did I know, it was an actual mountain! We put our bug spray on and headed to the path through the trees. The first 15 minutes of traveling up the mountain I said “This really isn’t that bad, Its not that steep..."

 WRONG! Right after I said that, the elevation went from a 5 degree angle to a 50 degree angle. I made a big mistake choosing this trail. It just got steeper and steeper!

When we got to the top, the hike was definitely worth it. The view was so relaxing. You could see all the different color trees and many bodies of water. 

Seeing cars drive on the road made them look like ants traveling very fast. Katie’s daughter was making me really nervous by running around near the edges of the mountain. 

I was worried because it was a very steep drop.

Now the only thing that was making me kind of scared, was going back down.
I was worried I would fall and not make it to the bottom alive. Nothing like what I expected. Luckily I found a small dirt trail that was still steep but it was better than getting down on my butt and sliding with the chance of killing myself. I made it to the bottom and we headed back to Katie’s house.

We had such a great time while we where out. But, do you want to know what felt even better? When I got home, and dive bombed onto my bed and fell asleep. It was comfortable. When I woke up the next morning, I was so sore. Thank you Katie for such a great time! I would definitely do it again!

  Thank you  for reading and I have more to come!
Jean-Paul

1 comment:

  1. love it. the best experiences are the unplanned ones (usually)!

    ReplyDelete