Tuesday, August 25, 2015

My Last Day In NYC

Cont.

                    Wednesday- My last day in NYC

Waking up- When Lisa and I woke up, we acted more relaxed because we knew it was going to be hard to say goodbye. We sat around talking with Grace and then we decided to go get some coffee.

Oslos- We went to get coffee and I got to meet some of Lisa's neighborhood  friends. I met another writer that was sitting outside of the coffee shop. He was so funny. I also met a cute little dog. She was so loving. She came up to me and licked my hand a couple times, then took a seat under my legs and finally just fell asleep there. I wonder if she sensed I wasn’t myself that day. There was a lady sitting on a bench across from us. I knew she was listening into our conversation because every time we laughed she laughed. I couldn’t complain.  I like listening into peoples thoughts at  the coffee shop down the street from my house.

Campbells Cheese- We then made out way to the cheese shop and got two egg,bacon and cheese sandwiches. I had fig jam on mine and Lisa added hot sauce to hers. She couldn’t stop coughing when she ate it. I met three women at the shop. The first women behind the cash register was so funny. She is another cat lover! Lisa and the women exchanged cat photos. I wish I would have pulled up a photo of my cat. Then there was “Mermaid girl”.  Lisa gave her this name because of her aqua-blue hair. All I did was learn about her. I learned that she is designing a tarot deck of her own, which is awesome! The third lady I didn’t formally meet. She was so busy stocking shelves. But, we exchanged smiles with each other which I think was enough to say I met her.

Back at the apartment- After packing up all my stuff , including the amazing books that Lisa’s boss had sent to me: Tell Me Again How a Crush Should Feel by Sara Farizan,
Finches of Mars by Brian W. Aldiss, The Scorch Trials by James Dashner, Anna and the Swallow Man by Gavriel Savit, Every Thing Every Thing by Nicola Yoon, Another Day by David Levithan, The Surpent Kind by Jeff Zenter, Illuminae by Amie Kaupman and Jay Kristoff. After we left, we dropped my bags off at gym again. Talk about Déjà vu

The Metropolitan art museum- After we “hit the gym,”  we made our way to the Met. Lisa and I got into the museum for 50 cents each. We headed straight to the ancient Egyptian exhibits. Here we saw carved stones,

 jewelry, 

and vases made out of clay. We actually channeled into the different energy here. It was like we where meeting Hatshepsut in person! After the ancient Egyptians we strolled through the Medieval Art and the Tiffany Glass.


 There was a separate room set up like a medieval bedroom. I said to Lisa “I want to live here!”
Then we ogled through the impressionist and post impressionist paintings. This is where I saw my favorite painter George Seurat’s “A Sunday Afternoon On the Island of La Grande Jatte” 

and Lisa saw her favorite paintings by Van Gogh.

Central Park- The first thing that caught my eye was there was a lady sleeping in the field with a full trash bag as a pillow. It made me kind of sad for that person. Then I saw people racing little toy sail boats in the little man made pond.


To the bus stop we went- After we got my bags from the gym, we headed to the subway platform. When we got to the bus stop, the bus was 20 minutes late. That was fine with me. An extra 20 minutes with my cousin was great. The the busses pulled up and I was first in line. 

I handed the man my bags to put under the bus. The time had come, I had to say bye to Lisa. I gave her a hug and a kiss on the cheek, then made my way onto the bus. When we started to pull away it was hard for me to look at her without her realizing that I was crying. I wanted to look strong.

Im not going to lie, it was a really emotional day for both of us. when we started to move forward I slowly slid down my new shades over my eyes and picked up my salad that Lisa had just bought me, 

and started sobbing. The man next to me asked if I was alright and I accidentally replied yes with a mouth full of spinach. Lisa and I were writing each other the whole ride home. The only thing that made it easy for me to stop crying and calm down was when Lisa told me I would be back.

Thank you Lisa Rosman for one of the best experiences anyone can ask for. You have really changed the way I look at life (for example here:  The Coffee Shop Down The Street).
This trip was definitely needed by both of us. I plan on making my way back with the money I made off of the bus company. Ill explain that in my next post!

                                       Thank you for reading and I have more to come.
                                                                   Jean-Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment