Monday, August 24, 2015

My Second Day in New York


Continued.

                                                            Tuesday


NY1- Tuesday morning when Lisa and I woke up, we had our morning coffee before we had to go into the city. After we were finished our coffee, we had to get ready for Lisa to go into work. We jumped on the subway and headed to NY1 above Chelsea market. Lisa is on a TV show called Talking Pictures. I always watch the show online, but Tuesday I got to see the show in a whole new perspective. I was able to watch them record the show. It was a fantastic experience. Seeing my cousin on TV always makes me smile. After the show, I even got to sit in on the meeting they had with the director.


Chelsea Market- I think this was the biggest tourist attraction I saw the whole time I was is NY, except for time square. Luckily when we showed up before the show taping, mainly everything was closed so it was easy to walk through and get to the elevator. Then after the show was taped it was packed. Here I bought a nice small amethyst stone, which sends positive vibes to everyone and it is also for protection. After we looked around a little bit more, we bought a chicken salad while we where waiting for another one of Lisa’s friends Jude. After Jude showed up, and we made our way to the highline.


Highline- When we got to the highline, we just walked around and enjoyed the view. We finally found a seat on the ground near a little benched area. Jude and I got to know each other a little more. I learned that she is a songwriter/singer/rapper. She also told us that she just finished filming the video for her song Zip Car. While we where up there, I got to give Jude a tarot card reading (My first official reading).
Jude was so patient with me. Jude, if you read this I want you to let you know, the next time I see you I will be a lot better. After the reading, Jude showed Lisa and I the video she told us about. And then out of nowhere, we started hearing clapping.
Somebody was having their wedding on the highline. What more can I see during my visit?


China Town- When we departed from Jude, we headed into china town. China town felt like a whole another place other than NYC. I kept forgetting where I was.

 It helped that the signs where in both English and Chinese. There where many different shops that had amazing decorations.


Pearl River- Pearl River is a store in China towns. Lisa and I went in and the atmosphere instantly changed from the crazy city to a nice calm little store with many fountains running and incense burning.  It was such a nice environment. Lisa ended up buying a white coffee mug decorated with pink flowers and a snake for my my mom. The snake stands for the Chinese year of the snake. 

She also bought a fan to cool herself off. It was a very shiny fan. 

Before we left, My cousins eyes caught a very interesting looking woman. She had vibrant red lipstick on, a scarf that was orange and white (I personally kept looking at it like it was an ice cold creamsicle), then she had a really cool tattoo that was either a snake or a dragon and then she had a cute little puppy with her. He looked exhausted due to the heat. This women was really cool and she even let me take a photo of her. As we walked away she let us know that her name is Joanna and her dogs name is spelled A-b-i.


Tarot for Hillery-  Hillery is another one of Lisa’s good friends. When she showed up to Lisa’s apartment, she immediately started talking to me as if we had known each other for a while. Lisa informed me that I would read cards for Hillery. I pulled out my deck and did a little bit of a better job than with my first reading with Jude. Before she left, she gave me a big hug and told me she can’t wait until next time.

Hedwig- After waiting all day, the time had finally come. 

Lisa and I quickly downed some of the left over dinner from Monday night.  Then we jumped on the subway and went on our way. When we entered the theater, a nice man greeted us and showed us to our seat. He also informed us that there was no photography allowed.
Lisa and I being the rebels we are, captured some photos of the set.

 But, we weren’t sneaky enough. The same guy who greeted us was standing in the walkway and was looking at us. He then reminded us, THERE IS NO PHOTOGRAPHY ALLOWED!
The show was fantastic! And what made it even better was that Taye Diggs was playing Hedwig. I am so glad that my first trip to New York, I got to go to a Broadway show with Lisa! Thank you.


Time Square- It was amazing seeing Times Square at night all lit up. 

I had someone in a Spiderman costume that was trying to take a picture with. No thank you. Lisa took a photo of me standing in Time Square. 

I have my arms wide open “Like Hedwig”.

Williamsburg waterfront- After Times Square, Lisa said she wanted to take me to the waterfront and show me the city lit up. Before we got there we stopped at a random bar to use the bathroom. I almost got stuck in the bathroom because the lock would not budge. When we got to the waterfront there where so many different types of people there. There two people meditating looking out on the beautiful reflection on the water, there was a man practicing his break dancing. The city is beautiful at night.


After all the walking we did Tuesday, we looked at the pedometer when we got home. We had walked 7.7 miles. And that is with some relaxing time added to the schedule. Busy day, wasn't it?


                                        Thanks for reading and I have more to come!
                                                                     Jean-Paul


1 comment:

  1. Another descriptive, wonderfully observant post. So nice to have another blogger in the family! x

    ReplyDelete