Monday, November 2, 2015

Bewitched

This past Monday I experienced my first trip to Salem, MA since I was a wee 4-year-old. All though it wasn’t the best day of the year to go, as it was Halloween, we still had a blast! I got to see many fantastic costumes,
 as I felt underdressed because I didn’t feel the need to walk around as a friendly scarecrow who had no brain. Everyone was there to show off their spooky, well worked on and probably overpriced Halloween costume. Being in Salem also meant trying to keep myself calm with all of the historical energy, so I simply sipped on my hot chocolate from Dunkin’ Donuts and ignored most of what was happening around me.

The whole time I was there, I was focused on seeing who had the best eye-catching costume, and I think I have decided who this award goes too, the Sanderson sisters! They weren’t as friendly as I would have liked them to be, considering I had the generosity to walk up to them and compliment them on how well they dressed and how I was also a big fan of the movie. I don’t know if it was Winnie trying to have the same personality of the movies character but, she was so stuck up and acted annoyed when I asked for a picture. But you know, “it’s all just a bunch of hocus pocus.” There were other costumes that just made me laugh my ass off. Like a guy dressed as a school girl or someone dressed as a banana. Probably one of the funniest costumes I saw was the dog that was dressed as Donald Trump.
I looked at the dog’s owner and said “you got that right!” and then walked away. Do you think he caught on to what I meant?


We didn’t get to do much really but walk around. I had a good time people-watching but, it would be so much more fun to go when there isn’t such a big crowd. I would have liked to go back to the house of seven gables or go into one of the many witch museums. In the center of Salem, right off Essex St, there was someone drumming with things he found lying around. Pots, pans, buckets, you name it! It was such a chill beat that everyone broke out in dance. So I did something that I would have never even thought of doing (thanks to Lisa Rosman, I have opened up a lot more), I decided it would be fun to jump in with the crowd and dance like I have never danced before. Luckily, none of my second family saw me dancing because I’m sure there would be a viral video going around the internet and or around the family. I felt so relaxed but even more energized, like it was Salem’s energy dragging me in and telling me I couldn’t leave. Come to find out, the whole time I was dancing, my family was looking for me! My bad!

On the way back to the car, I saw some more hilarious and fancy costumes. After we got past the little traffic that was leaving Salem, we had a big bowl of fruit that was sitting in the back seat of the car, and some cheese sticks. What a nice snack for a ride home. Fifteen minutes from home and the transmission slipped in my second mother’s car! Luckily it still go us home but, we had to try not to completely stop the car at red lights because it was so hard to get it moving again. I was sure that we would have to pull over and call for help. But the odds were definitely in our favor!


Now that I have told you many of mine, tell me about your adventures??

No comments:

Post a Comment